Friday, April 16, 2010

Responces to Comments

Hi to anyone who is reading this blog. To my Uncle Warren my go cart is currently siting in a trailer out of the way of all the farm equipment and I don't think I want to try jousting on a bull thank you very much. And to Susan doing the yearlings could mean a lot of things but I will tell you about the type of thing we did that day, what happens is in the morning a group of people go out and bring the around 300 yearlings in so they can be sorted heifers from steers (for those of you who don't know those terms heifers are girls and steers are boys) then we let the steers go back where they came from because we are doing the heifers that day then we get a chute going so they can be vaccinated I work in the very back pushing them through the alley toward the chute then comes the person with the cattle prod to push once I can not reach them then they are in the chute where one person has the leaver to close the head gate they then weigh them and vaccinate then let them out till we are ready to move them to there new home till it is time to move them again. and is why I was sore because I had to do two jobs because usually I have someone behind my to push them up to me that day I was not that fortunate.

Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment